Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Repost from my Yahoo 360 weblog

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Rain is falling here in Ohio today. A bit of dreary day,but none the less I get to spend it with some of my family.
Last night had to be the MOST un comfortable day I have EVER had. We showed up at my (EX)(and I now call them that)Aunt and Uncles house for xmas. My Ex-uncle would of sooner slammed the damn door in our faces then let us in, but knowing that my mom was inside, although it was their house, he had no other choice then to let us in. I have never seen a person go sooooooo far out of their way to ignore a person/s in all my life. He would take pictures of everyone else,couples and gift giving, but anything that had to do with us, he ignored. Some people showed up and stayed for almost 45mins, neighbors of theirs some of us assumed. I thougth how incrediably rude that was,for the whole family. How my EX-uncle and ex-aunt stood there just laughing and carrying on with them, and at one point, stopping to take photos with them. It took everything I had to go there. Five minutes into it and I was more then ready to leave. I did this for my mom. We have tried over the months to fix this...to no avail. Even when I was giving my gift to my mom, which was the most important gift (which the rest of the family got a copy of the gift as well, I didnt leave out my EX uncle or aunt) I have given her, how odd that their home phone rang while I was speaking about the gift. He proceeded to speak loudly over my words. Despite his antics, my mom, was shocked cf her gift and cried.If anything, I do know this...I need to move on with my life from this. There is no fixing it anymore. There was just MORE pain inflicted, all on purpose. One thing is for sure....the WHOLE family sees what small people they truely are. They have ALWAYS seen them themselves to be "better" then anyone. No, to me, a "better" person is one that says they are wrong when they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. And keeping their noses out of other peoples lives when they dont have one of their own.
The rest of my family was there, I swear,if it wasnt for them talking to me (knowing full well of the situtation)I would of walked out the minute I walked in. They are pretty cool. My other aunt and uncle are pretty laid back and really dont judge you,well at least that is my experience with them. I have some funny stories about them that no matter how many times I think of them,I laugh my ass off. My cousins are all grown now, some married with kids of their own. All have grown up into fine adults and it was a pleasure to see them all. My uncle Ed, came up to me, told me this story of an old great uncle he had. You would have to know my uncle Ed. He can be quite the story teller, I listened to his story, looked at him with big tears in my eyes. I knew what he was telling me. It was a story of how his uncle was so pure of heart to every one, a good person and a person that meant well. I believe that he was telling me, "I" was that uncle last night. That I did the right thing by showing up there and the photo gift of my grandparents was fitting. You see, my grandparents where strong people (in my eyes anyhow) they would never stand for the bullshit that has been going on for two years now. One would think of all this as a horrible way to spend the holidays. It hurts me deeply and I know others have seen how I have been treated, and it was all uncalled for. I was given a very special gift last night.....the gift of C O U R A G E!!!!
I will be here the rest of the week, I am looking forward to seeing the family, doing a few things in town.
MERRY CHRISTMAS...may peace and love surround you always!
The little engine that could.....


Sunday, Dec 25, 2005 - 06:59pm (EST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home