Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Repost from my Yahoo 360 weblog
December 08, 2005
OMG....my face and head hurt as if someone hit me with a bat. I did however get the packing taken out today and they used what looked like a water pick to clean my nose...ack! I keep my eyes closed the whole time the doctor is in there. Now I have to go back next week for the splints to come out. Its amazing what we take for granted, just breathing. The last few nights in bed have been terrible. You have to sleep with your mouth open, then your mouth dries out along with your throat. I slept with a water bottle at my hip every night since surgery. When he took the packing out, what a relief to just breath, with my mouth closed. The doc said everything looked good, would he tell me if it looked bad?
Learned NOT to just take pain meds without eating...BIG NONO!!!! I thought I was going to loose my damn mind last night. Not thinking before I went to bed, I took a pain pill. It was as if someone was running me over. It was ripping my stomach to bits.... But one more week of no work, which is fine by me and one more appointment with the ENT. All in all , I think i did pretty well. I wouldnt wish it on anyone tho. There is just some swelling in the cheeks and a bit sore.
We did manage to get the tree up tonight. That was nice to do. Listened to some Christmas music and talked alittle of times gone by. The holidays are always rough, but how I do love them. I will do the rest of the decorating tomorrow sometime.
Tootles...L

Thursday, Dec 8, 2005 - 08:57pm (EST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home