Tuesday, January 10, 2006


Repost from my Yahoo 360 weblog

OK, finally got into a doc today. Sometimes people can relax a little after someone takes note of what they are saying. My doctor was go good to me, with me today. I am blessed. But little does she know the road she will be going down with me. I have been here many times before. Doctors, doctors, a norm in my life. It takes a lot for someone, like me, to go tell her what I have been experiencing. You always that they in the back of your mind, but she was very professional and I need to understand that I am not the only one in this world going through everything I am experiencing.
For starters she confirmed that I have carpel tunnel in my right wrist, I figured as much with that. After all that repetitive work for when I worked for Playtex, finally caught up, plus sleeping the way that I do with my arms. So for the next 6 weeks, I have to wear a splint. This was the EASY part of my appt. today. It’s the next part that starts me on my newest journey.
After she went over my medical history so went over my symptoms and then looked me over. With tears in my eyes and hesitation I said to her..." Do you want me to tell you what I think I may have?". ”Sure", she said. "I think I have MS." She looked at me with eyes that I could read. Her response was..."I too, have that in the back of my mind." All at once, there was conformation that there was truly an issue here and I was not a nut. At the same time, I became more scared then before I walked in there. I know there is something seriously wrong with me.
The reason I think it is MS is because of the shots I was on sometime ago for my endometriosis. It was a possible side effect. One that may have caught up with me. If it’s not that, something is definitely present.
So right now I have to fast for my blood tests tomorrow. Then next week (which I am dreading) an enclosed MRI scan of the brain.
They say that everything happens for a reason....
And so on my walk I shall go....
Lauren

Monday, Oct 17, 2005 - 09:13pm (EDT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home